Tower Health Nurses Dominate Nightingale Awards of Pennsylvania
West Reading, PA., December 11, 2019 - On Friday, November 8, eleven Tower Health nurses were celebrated as award finalists at the 30th Anniversary Nightingale of Pennsylvania Awards Gala at the Sheraton Harrisburg Hershey Hotel. No other health system has had as many finalists in the program's history.
"To have 11 Nightingale finalists from a single health system is a remarkable achievement and speaks to the exemplary practice and high quality of Tower Health's nursing staff," said Mary Agnew, DNP, RN, NEA-BC, Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer at Tower Health. "Our Nightingale finalists and award recipients are extremely dedicated to our patients, their colleagues, the community, and the profession of nursing. It was an honor to be at the event to recognize their dedication and celebrate their prestigious achievements."
Tower Health received five of the ten awards:
- Cecilia Bermudez, DNP, AGNP-C, RN-BC, CMSRN, Tower Health - Reading Hospital, Clinical Practice RN
- Tracy Davidheiser, BSN, RN, CEN, Tower Health - Reading Hospital, Community Nursing
- Kristina Gingrich, MSN, RN, Tower Health - Reading Hospital, Nursing Administration - Leader/Manager
- Claire Mooney, DNP, MBA, RN, NEA-BC, CCRN, Tower Health - Jennersville Hospital, Nursing Administration - Executive
- Patience Terkowski, MSN, CRNP, AOCNP, ANP-BC, CEN, Tower Health - Pottstown Hospital, Advanced Practice RN
Tower Health award finalists who were also recognized include:
- Judy Bowman, MSN, RN, CAPA, Tower Health - Reading Hospital, Clinical Practice RN
- Virginia Jones, PhD, RN, CEN, Tower Health - Pottstown Hospital, Nursing Education
- Erin Marinchak, MSN, RN, ACNS-BC, CPHQ, Tower Health - Reading Hospital, Advanced Practice RN
- Barbara O'Connor, BSN, RN, CDE, Tower Health - Phoenixville Hospital, Community Nursing
- Barbara Romig, DNP, RN, NEA-BC, CPHQ, Tower Health - Reading Hospital, Doctorate of Nursing Practice
- Barbara Zuppa, MSN, RN, Tower Health - Reading Hospital, Nursing Administration - Executive.
Nightingale of Pennsylvania Awards criteria are based on demonstration of excellence in nursing professional practice, nursing clinical quality outcomes, advocacy, relationship-building, and contributions to and advancement of the nursing profession. Nominations are blind-reviewed by a team who score the nominations. Click here for additional information about the Nightingale Awards of Pennsylvania.
About Tower Health
Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. With more than 12,000 team members, Tower Health consists of Reading Hospital in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; and Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown. It also includes Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing; Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences in West Reading; home healthcare services provided by Tower Health at Home; and a network of 22 Tower Health Urgent Care centers, and a connected network of 2,000 physicians, specialists and providers across 215 convenient locations. For more information, visit towerhealth.org.