Tower Health Partners® Clinically Integrated Network Continued Rapid Growth in 2018
Tower Health Partners experienced rapid growth in 2018 that has established it as one of the largest clinically integrated networks in Pennsylvania. During the year, the physician network grew significantly in its scope, geography, and membership.
The network welcomed 119 physicians from 44 Tower Health Medical Group employed practices and 483 independent physicians, including those in seven well-established, high quality groups: Gateway Medical Associates, Phoenixville Medical Associates, Pottstown Medical Specialists, Inc., Clinical Renal Associates, Foundation Radiology, Tri-County Emergency Physicians, and Tri-County Hospitalists.
The addition of these physicians and practices greatly expands geographic coverage and access to Tower Health Tier One primary care and specialist providers and facilities.
Other operational highlights of the year included:
- THP ended 2018 with 1,307 participating physician members, an increase of almost 85 percent over 2017.
- The number of participating practices grew from 100 to 300.
- As part of Tower Health, Brandywine Hospital, Chestnut Hill Hospital, Jennersville Hospital, Phoenixville Hospital, and Pottstown Memorial Hospital joined Reading Hospital in the THP hospital network.
- THP expanded its geographic coverage from Berks County to include Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties.
- Reorganization of the THP physician-majority governing Board of Managers, expanding from 13 to 17 voting seats held by physicians.
- Expanded interoperability solutions for clinical data exchange. By the end of 2018, THP increased the number of interfaces from 25 to 69, encompassing 39 electronic medical record systems (up from 12) and three labs (up from one).
In 2019 THP will focus on expanding value-based care and population health initiatives, while strengthening physician leadership and participation in the network. "These are exciting times for Tower Health Partners," said George A. Jenckes, III, MD, MS, FACP, CEO of Tower Health Partners. "As we grow, we are better positioned to better support both our physician members and the patients who rely upon them for high quality, high value care."